Adoption is not less than a gift because you can give a luxurious life with a lot of love to a child who needs it and deserve it but sometimes it becomes worst if the adoption comes about the wrong reason. Is Adoption Right For You? Check out some reasons and know why you shouldn’t adopt a child if you have following reasons:-
- Infertility Matters: Don’t link infertility with new child adoption because it is not fair for the adopted child as a sort of Replacement. Inability to have a birth can be harmful to adoption. the adoptive placement begins to fail if the adoptive child fails to meet the expectations of parents.
- Failing Marriage: Adoption is not right if you want to adopt a child to save your relationship. Un-attachment between the couple may occur even after adoption so it is unfair with the adoptive child to bring in home in certain situations.
- Family Pressure: If a couple is childless or have infertility issues then family members and Friends pressurise them sometimes to adopt a child to complete their family. If you are not prepared for adoption yet or your gut tells you that it is wrong don’t go for adoption. You should have willing for adoption first.
- Playmate for your Child: The adoptive child is not a way to fulfil the expectations of adoptive parents so it is not good to adopt a child to just give the company or playmate to your child.
- To Delight your Partner: Adoption is a beautiful feeling of parenthood for both mother and father, if you are not agreeing for adoption, don’t adopt a child just to please your partner.
In Foster adoption process child have to visit adoptive parents home for a period of time and some families feel very bad when they decide not to adopt that child.
Given above are the major reasons why you shouldn’t go for the adoption. So adoption is not only the way to provide shelter to a needed child, it is a beautiful feeling of parenthood. So it is recommended to think before opt. For adoption in India.